After my very inspiring Saturday, I spent Sunday cutting into some of my pieces of jersey. By the end of the day I had pieces cut out for three t-shirts, including one from the fabric that I bought on Saturday.
Last night, in between baking a special treat, I spent some time stitching up one of them - and of course the one I chose to do first was the new fabric!
It took most of the evening (in between other things), because I took my time and carefully matched the stripes down the side seams (in all honesty, with varying success). Can you see the side seam in the picture below? Hopefully only just!
The fabric wasn't quite wide enough to make the sleeves full length, so I decided to try making them hit just above the elbow, which i'm really happy with. That little bit of extra warmth but without the annoyance I get around the elbow with 3/4 length sleeves.
I don't remember what makes up this fabric and can't find it on the Tessuti site, but it's really comfy to wear and seems pretty warm, so success!
This shirt is made using a slightly modified version of the pattern I've previously traced off a t-shirt. I've made some others between the ones I've blogged and this one, so I really need to get around to taking some photos so I can catalogue the changes I've done to improve the pattern (and the mistakes I've made!)