Another of my Easter weekend projects was to make a hot water bottle cover. My old one was made with some left over flanelette from making PJs and wasn't really quite thick enough and was also starting to look a bit shabby. So, I used some of the scraps left from my genome quilt to make a coordinating hot water bottle cover:
Blues and greens on one side, and whites on the other, I foundation pieced strips until they covered the desired shape/size.
I then quilted down the lines with a free motion wiggle (white thread on the white side, green/blue varigated thread on the coloured side)
And lastly bound the edges with some bias binding to hold the two sides together.
It's not really been cold enough yet to use it, but I couldn't resist trying it out last week, It's definitely perfect for the job!