Sadly despite making a muslin the dress has ended up a bit too big. I need to take it in a little in the front darts to make the waist a bit smaller. It also needs a smidge of length taken out at the bottom of the bodice at the back.
Doesn't the crinoline make a huge difference to the shape of the dress?!
As you can see in the below photos, I need to narrow the straps at the back slightly so that the straps cover my bra straps better at the back. I'm not sure if I should just move the straps, or just take a pinch out of the centre back, since it gapes a little when I push my shoulders back. I'll decide once I've worn it a little more.
I'm also very excited about the belt that I had made. I took my fabric in to Buttonmania and asked for a 1.5" wide belt. The lovely lady that served me then suggested that I get a "double bar" buckle, rather than needing to make holes, as she didn't have eyelets that would perfectly match the pink. I'm really happy she made the suggestion as it doesn't seem to slip through the buckle, and gives more flexibility to how tight the belt is.
I would highly recommend getting a belt made a Buttonmania, despite it probably costing as much as the dress itself (since the fabric was on sale), I think it makes a huge difference.