At the time the skirt was a little big, but I have lost some weight since then (including about 2 inches from both my waist and hips) so it had shifted from a little big to very big, exhibited below (and I'm not pulling the skirt tight in the photos below either):
Too big in the waist and hips, plus a bit long
Rather than let it languish in my wardrobe I decided to take it in, however after thinking about how to do that I decided that it would actually be easier to essentially re-make the skirt rather than faff around with it all. I unpicked the waistband, centre-back seam (and zip) and hem, but left in the darts. I then remade the skirt, taking in the side seams and shortening it, and as with the version I made for Claire, I made a 1 inch waistband rather than a wide one.
Huzzah! A new skirt that didn't cost me any extra $$