The Sunderland themed oven gloves I started AGES ago were finally finished about a month ago, and now that they have arrived with their recipient (a VERY belated birthday present... but it's the thought that counts, right?) I thought I'd post up the piccies.
When shopping for fabric I couldn't find any red and white striped fabric that I liked, so I bought some red drill and some white drill, cut it into strips and sewed it together to make my own stripy fabric. I then added wadding and a red lining and quilted along the stripes and assembled into oven gloves. I used the pattern I've used before which was drafted from a tutorial from burdastyle (which I would link to but I can't seem to find it on the new site).
The differences I used this time in assembly were the order I stitched the seams, and that I added a binding (exactly as I did on my quilts) around the bottom rather than just folding it and stitching it. I did however forget to add a little loop in the side seam to use to hang them up... Also, I couldn't decide which way to make the stripes go, so I did one set either way.